Instructions for Use
ALWAYS WASH your hands thoroughly prior to insertion and removal to avoid internal infections. If you do not wash your hands thoroughly, bacteria can be transferred from your hands during insertion and removal.
- Simply press the sides of the light-weight, flexible cup together. Now, fold the cup in half again.
- Hold the folded cup between your thumb and index finger.
- While sitting on the toilet or an equally relaxed position, simply insert the folded cup completely into your vagina. (You may want to add a little KY Jelly around the rim of the cup for first time users for easier insertion until you're used to inserting your Keeper).
The cup is now in the correct position. The little cup follows the natural slant of the vagina. The Keeper does not touch the cervix, but rests comfortably below it. Be sure the pull-tab is at the entrance to the vagina. (The Keeper’s pull-tab may be too long for your personal needs—simply trim it up to halfway off).
OR TRY THIS NEW METHOD CALLED...
The "7" Fold Method
- Simply press the sides of the light-weight, flexible cup together.
- Instead of folding in half again, fold one corner down so that the "LIPS" of the cup form a shape like a "7".
- Then follow the insertion and removal instructions.
- While sitting on the toilet, bear down gently using your stomach muscles to bring the cup down and then grasp the pull-tab firmly so the tips of your fingers pinch the base of the cup. This action will allow air to enter around the cup, releasing the suction and making it easy to remove. (If your Keeper has risen to where it is difficult for you to grasp the pull-tab, just bear down gently using your stomach muscles to bring the cup down to the point where you can grasp the pull-tab).
- Ease the cup gently downward supporting the bottom of the cup with your fingertips to prevent spilling, slightly tilt the cup, and remove slowly.
- Empty your cup and rinse or wipe your cup, then simply reinsert.
These instructions should be followed carefully for satisfactory results.